Site Redesign

I was due for a site software update, so I decided to modify the site as a whole. My main goal was simplification and to improve on usability.  As I went through the visual-template code, I also attempted to improve execution speed by minimizing include files and removing unnecessary features.

  1. Minimize the website banner to remove wasted space (logo redesign as well).
  2. Remove unpopular items from the site such as the forums.
  3. Reorder the site tags, recent postings, and other navigation links to improve on ease of use.
  4. Lessen the use of colors on the site.
  5. Clean up the footer area.

I’ve noticed that the site seems to load faster in general. I suspect something like that XML parser for the forum was decreasing overall speed quite a bit.